Thursday, February 5, 2015

Sara Project #2 --- PA Launch Day #5


Happy Thursday!!!  I'm back to share another of the projects I did using some of the new Sara Naumann stamps.  But First... Day 5 of the PaperArtsy new product blog launches is sharing new releases from Clare Lloyd and Emma Godfrey.  Of course each has a video....



Do head over to the PaperArtsy blog to see the complete releases and all the totally fabulous projects with each one!!!!

And onto my 2nd project I made for the Sara Naumann release....


I cut a piece of heavy smoothy card to 5 1/4" square.  I covered it with grungepaste, some areas are thinner and some are thicker, and then I stamped into the grungepaste with the flower image.  This is done by spraying water on the stamp, rubbing it around with your finger, pressing it into the paste and lifting.  The thinner areas of paste pick up the detail in the stamp very well and the thicker areas give you the shape with texture inside.  Once the paste was completely dry I mixed beach hut paint with satin glaze and a little pearl glaze (about 1/2 paint, 1/2 glaze), brushed it over the pasted panel, let it sit just a bit and wiped off the excess.  I stamped the distressed lines image with Archival Ink aquamarine and the text with Archival Ink leaf green.  Treasure gold white fire was added here and there.  The quote is stamped onto a scrap of smoothy with Archival Ink jet black, torn out and attached to the panel.  For the flowers I painted smoothy card first, stamped the flowers and cut them out.  For the leaves, I used the PaperArtsy die "branch", cut the leaves apart, sprayed them with Distress spray stain mowed lawn, and stamped the text with Archival Ink leaf green. I glued the flowers and leaves to the panel and glued Frantage crushed glass glittler, champagne, to the center of the flowers. 





2 comments:

Ruth said...

The grunge paste background texture is brilliant! The addition of the gilding lifts it beautifully....gorgeous. Ruth x

froebelsternchen said...

This is a wonderful card! Simply GORGEOUS!