Monday, May 26, 2014

Sing Anyway


It's been awhile since I finished a journal page.  This one was started a long time ago with background color and Viva modeling cream pearl through TCW 12x12 Cherry Blossoms stencil.  Then it sat.  I looked at it many times and thought that it's already pretty and I really should finish it... and then I'd walk away.  Last night was time.  I really didn't know where I was going.  First was to get more going in the background.  I added a strip of music paper to the right side and painted (Fresco Finish) over it.  Then I added stenciling with a Wendy Vecchi stencil and white paint (Fresco Finish).  Next I put the cherry blossom stencil back on and added color with Archival Inks.  Along the bottom is another Wendy stencil and archival Inks.  I recently got Dina Wakley's scribbly bird stamps and have been wanting to use them so stamped one at the bottom right.  I added color with Fresco Finish paints.  I was using opaque colors which worked well to cover the background color but dulled some of the stamp lines but since it's "scribbly" it was easy to use a Pitt brush pen and darken them back up.  Highlights were added with a white gel pen.  I wanted to make the flowers pop more so I put the stencil back on again and used a small Pitt pen to go around all the shapes.  Took the stencil off and again went around all the flowers giving a double line, ope on top of the paste and one around the paste.  I stamped the quote (Quietfire Design) with Archival Ink.  Added scribbles around the edges of the page.  Decided I should have more than one bird and used a couple of Wendy stencils and jet black Archival to add them - white gel pen for highlights.  



9 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love this, I love that little bird too.
Beautiful colours.
In my opinion the perfect Journal page x

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Well, I am glad you finished it! I love it! It is so happy, cheerful, cute! Awesome job!

Have a good day! Hugs

Quietfire said...

Oh, Wanda, this is really lovely! The colors are spectacular!

Yogi said...

just beautiful Wanda. Love the colors and the TCW stencil you used. Have a great day

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful page Wanda! xx

Shirley said...

Love the Cherry Blossoms stencil. What a gorgeous card!

Holly said...

Just gorgeous Wanda! Love the open-ness and the colours.

Unknown said...

Oh, wow, this is beautiful!! Love how you made those flowers, and the colors are yumm-yummidy-yumm!! The bird is so adorable!
XOX

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

This page is so beautiful, love the color combination, and the birds are so cute specially the great.
Big hugs Anja