Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happy New Year!!!!


Yes, I know it's January 18th already!!!  I haven't posted in a month (where does the time go) and wanted to say....  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that the new year is going well for you!!!!  We had lots of company over the holidays, both family and friends, and it was so good to spend time with them.  Our son, Nick, also got to come home for 2 weeks from his AIT training at Ft. Lee.  I did accomplish several projects either for Christmas gifts or to finish up a canvas swap with friends but there are only so many hours in the day and blogging just didn't happen. 

Today I'll share one of the canvases I made.  This is a small one, 4" x 4", made for a friend for Christmas.  I first glued on a piece of Tim Holtz tissue wrap and then used various paints, stencils, and stamping with Archival Ink.  The flower and leaves are die cuts (Sizzix Tim Holtz) and they've been painted.  The center of the flower is a Wendy Vecchi Blossom Bucket piece.  The butterfly is a punch and it is also painted.  The scripture (Our Daily Bread Designs) is stamped on plain white tissue paper with Archival Ink jet black, torn out and glued to the canvas (the white tissue mostly fades away and you have just the stamping).  









2 comments:

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

What a fabulous piece. I shared it on FB hope you don't mind but it inspiring in many ways.
Happy New Year
hugs
susan s

Johnsoncj said...

This is beautiful! Missed you, glad you are back with posts. Happy New Year!