Saturday, July 7, 2012
Encourage Your Hopes
Lots of inspiration lead to this card. First I was inspired by THIS post on Lin's blog, Yours Artfully... but I didn't have the paints and crackle glaze that she used... so I thought I'd try using Distress Crackle Paint and it worked great!!! I used antique linen onto a piece of muslin... as it dried it kind of rolled and curled but a little pulling and it layed flat... I used watered down espresso paint dabber after the crackle was dry and wiped off the excess... before I brain kicked in I already had paint on the muslin edge and wished I hadn't done that... I did spray extra water along the edge and blot it but it still tinted the fabric but all in all it looks great. I stamped the Studio 490 flower right on the crackle using Archival Ink jet black... the flower has dots in it (they don't stamp) and I highlighted them with a white pen and also some edging. I decided I wanted to use the piece on a card that would work for both the Frilly and Funky Challenge, Let's See Some Texture and you must include fabric... and the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge - Spritz, Spray, or Stencil. My background used Dylusion sprays... the brown, red, yellow, and black... working in layers... the dots are a Studio 490 background stamp stamped with Archival Ink jet black and then randomly with Adirondack snow cap Pigment ink. The letter on the bottom half are a Dylusions stencil and I sponged Distress ink vintage photo through it. This is all done on Ranger's manilla cardstock. The edges are distressed using the Distrezz-it-all. I've added a piece of light colored burlap for more texture... I've had burlap for a long time but hadn't used it much and dug it out some time back (I used some on the atc in this post) after I started watching Lynne's blog, the next best thing by lynne... and seeing her use burlap and lots of textures and layers in her projects. The words on the Ideaology piece have white paint dabber in them and it's tied on with jute. I took the burlap strings I had pulls out of the piece of burlap, tied a knot in the middle, trimmed the ends and tied it on with the ends of the jute. I also use a burlap string in the button that I glued to the middle of the flower.
Posted by Wanda Hentges at 10:48 PM