Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Our Heart Captures Memories


I have a box of atc sized backgrounds just filed away for use... some of these came are from left over pieces of playing that I cut to size and filed and some were given to me.  I started with a background pulled from that file.  I glued a piece of book page along the bottom.  Stamped one of Dyan Reaveley's leafy vine images three times along the top (once just on the atc a little, then a little more, and then a lot more) with Archival Ink jet black, colored in the leaves and added highlights with a white pen.  Glued a piece of burlap as shown.  Die cut some leaves (Sizzix Branch w/Leaves thin die) from cardstock, added color - probably sprayed, dried them, added details with a black pen and highlights with a white pen, attached them as shown.  Tied string and ribbon around the bottom.  The butterfly is die cut from Wendy Vecchi's Clearly for Art.  I glued a piece of book page to one side using Ranger's glue 'n seal matte.  After it was dry, I tore of the excess book page along the edges.  I have the butterfly so the paper is in the back... I inked the front with Alcohol ink also tapping the ink along the edges which caused it to bleed into the paper giving a darker edge... at first it was an accident but it looked very cool so I did it all around.  The butterfly was heated and shaped, glued to the atc, and a piece of string folded and glued to the center make the body and antenni.  Our heart captures memories are again words cut from my scraps of Tim's word stamp.


12 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful ATC, Wanda. Love the texture of the burlap and your sweet b'fly.

Yogi said...

really nice ATC. Have a great day

Netty said...

beautiful ATC Wanda with fab textures. x

Robyn said...

I love all the color and texture in this card and it still feels uncluttered and gets the message across with grace.

Nan G said...

Love the message! You use the coolest techniques! I can only hope to find time to try some of them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful ATC and text. love the colors and the combintion. Also gthe beautiful butterfly.
Lovely greet
MARJA

Cindy Rescorl said...

Love it! That's one of my favorite Dyan stamps!!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is an amazing atc. I may have to lift this one!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Dyan and Tim....what a combination of pure gorgeousness!!! I so love your texture!!!

tea said...

Super nice! Dyan and Tim both taught in Norway this winter, and I can already see her style rubbing off a bit on some norwegian stampers. Cool!

BlackCats said...

Pretty ATC. I like all the details such as the use of white and black pens for accents.

Nancy said...

This is wonderful! Maybe I should use the burlap I bought months ago ... lol