Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Mother's Love Grows



This atc starts with a background swap piece (for those who don't know... at our in-person atc swaps in Des Moines we have an on-going background swap... you put an atc background, or a few, into the bucket and take out however many you put in and then create with it to make a finished atc).  The background was two printed papers, one torn and layers over half of the other.  I stitched around the edge and inked.  I stitched a "stem" for the flower.  The leaves are a Wendy Vecchi image (the image is actually 3 leaves on a stem) stamped onto grungepaper that has music paper glued to it, cut out, colored, I cut off two leaves and sewed them onto the atc.  There is doodling/dots along the right side in both black and white pen.  The mother/daughter image is from dezinaworld... I punched it out and inked the edges.  I punched a second flower from cardstock... inked it and added details with a white pen.  A Mother's Love Grows is computer generated.  The "A Mother's Love" banner is left over from a swap (I haven't shared those atcs yet) and then I added the word Grows.

10 comments:

SusanK said...

Love the idea of the flower center being a picture!

tea said...

WOW1 You do the humble background great honour, Stitching the stem is just brilliant, and I love the saying. It is so true! Love this, love the colors, the lay out, love it all.

donna!ee said...

girl, you've got some serious skills! thank you so much for sharing ... blest be ;)

oil paintings said...

Mother's love it great.I like your blog very much.Thank you for your sharing.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

lovely Wanda...gentle and soft. beautifully done.

susan s.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful picture flower you have made Wanda. Beautiful details. The colors five a soft effect.
Lovely greet
Marja

Shelly Schmidt said...

You really made the background come to life! I love the stitching and how brilliant to make the image into the flower- love that!

Marjie Kemper said...

You're on a roll! Love this with the sweet stitching (awesome stem, btw) and the photo as flower.

Nancy said...

This is so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Wanda,
please accept my apologies for taking so long to get here and see this. I have been so wrapped up caring for my parents that much at my blogs has been neglected. Your work is always beautiful but this piece is outstanding and so very creative. I love the leaves and the way you made the flower head with the image. Fantastic my friend. Thank you so much for doing this.
hugs June x