I thought I'd show you where I have all my projects from the first Compendium of Curiosities Challenge (the tag on the far left - Simplify - is not from the challenge). This is above the doorway between my arting area and the dining room. I love having them where I can see them anytime!! I've added other tags I made to the left of these since I took the pictures and will continue to add my tags from the new Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge. I've also added a few flowers I've made to the mix... they look perfect in the blank areas too small for a tag. Remember you can click on the pictures to get a closer view!!
Now on to my tag for the first CC2C challenge. Tim's second book is just as awesome as his first book!!! If you haven't gotten one yet you can order direct from him and even get it autographed... see HERE. You can get all the information about the challenge on Linda's blog Studio L3. This week we were directed to page 66 of the book and the technique is Custom Foam Stamps... way, way cool!!! I tweaked mine just a bit... I embossed my die cut (Sizzix Alterations mini tattered floral movers and shapers) foam with an embossing folder (Sizzix Texture Fade damask). I started with a Ranger #8 manilla tag, sprayed it with water, added Distress Stains old paper and spun sugar, dried it, stamped my flowers with Distress Ink festive berries, dried it, roughed up the edges with the Distezz-It-All, inked the edges with vintage photo, stamped the words (from Tim's set Words For Thought CMS132) using Archival Ink jet black and dried it. Decided I wanted the stamping under the words more muted so added water to that area, blotted it up and dried it. Glued on the lace with Ranger's Glue 'n Seal matte. Cut 2 flowers from grungepaper, inked them with festive berries, embossed them with the damask folder, sanded the high spots a bit, inked the high spots with vintage photo, added just a touch of Ranger's Jenni Bowlin malted milk Paint Dabber to the tips and wiped it with my finger so it lighted it a smidge without harsh lines. Cut the the leaf/vine (Sizzix Bigz Vine w/leaves) from grungepaper, cut it apart, colored with Distress Stain shabby shutters, stamped the background image (from Tim's set Mixed Media DMS125) with Archival Ink coffee. Glued on the pieces as shown. Added an Ideology Accouturement (Classic set) to the center of the flower. Used my finger to brush on a little Archival Ink coffee to the ridges of the button and dried it. Finally I added black lines around some of the stamped flowers avoiding the words area. This weeks challenge is sponsored by Simon Says Stamp and they will be randomly giving away a gift certificate to one lucky winner.