Tuesday, April 24, 2012
This weeks challenge from Tim's book Compendium of Curiosities 2 is faux patina from page 58. You can get all the details (and see some fabulous art) on Linda's blog Studio L3. This weeks challenge is sponsored by Angie!! She is giving one lucky winner (I hope it's me :-) an autographed-by-Tim Tim Holtz Ideology messenger bag. Angie also shares a beautiful mini canvas using this weeks technique on Linda's blog so go check it out!!!
For my tag I started with a Ranger's #8 black tag. I wanted to see if alcohol inks when using the snow cap mixative would show up on the tag. It took a few layers but it did show up, more muted because it is not glossy cardstock but I love the look and amazingly it did not bleed through to the back. I did this all over the tag using snow cap, ginger, and butterscotch. Next I tore a piece of old book page and glued it along the left side using Ranger's glue and seal... added Distress Ink wild honey with the blending tool. Stamped Dyan Reaveley's vine image from the Dylusions Around the Edge set (I am in love with this stamp - this week anyway, who knows about next week) with Archival jet black... colored in the leaves using my Dove Blender and Distress Ink (haven't had my Dove Blender out in ages.. it sure makes coloring in quick!!) Stamped Tim's butterflies along the right side with Archival coffee. Used this weeks technique on Tim's Ideology ornate plate starting with snow cap, meadow, butterscotch and adding pesto and pitch black. "Create" and the butterfly are Quietfire Design images. Create was stamped with jet black, cut to fit the frame, glued in... oops, I forgot to add color... I meant to.. ok, I'll just add a bit to the center using Distress Ink scattered straw and attached it to the tag with black brads. The butterfly was stamped on Ranger's specialty paper with Archival pale ochre, cut out, glued on the tag, and liquid pearls added to the body. The butterfly strip along the bottom I've had laying on my work area for some time... had to test out the EK Success punch when I got it :-)) I colored it with scattered straw Distress Stain.. where the stain bled under the cardstock the color is darker which was perfect for this. Glued on the strip and then went around the inside edges of the butterflies with a black pen to make them stand out more... added drops of liquid pearls to the centers of the bodies. Added stitching around the edge with the black Glaze pen and finally tied green jute around the bottom and in the top.
Posted by Wanda Hentges at 6:18 AM