Saturday, February 26, 2011

NEW STAMPS at Quietfire Design

Suzanne has been busy with her wonderful calligraphy and now has 6 fabulous new stamps available.  You can see them HERE.  

My projects so far use 3 of those stamps (more will be coming).  This first one is a hanging using The doors we open.  I started with a 3 1/2" square art parts piece for my base [art parts are a heavy (not weight but thickness and strength) material made by Stampers Anonymous, designed by Wendy Vecchi and are part of her Studio 490 line].  I covered the art part with a piece of paper from 7 gypsies Savannah 6x6 paper pad using matte medium, let it dry, sanded the edges and inked them brushed corduroy Distress Ink.  Stamped the quote with Archival Ink jet black - my very favorite black dye ink and Suzanne will have it available soon.  Punched two holes using my Crop-a-dile (you could also use a Japanese screw punch or a home pro) and added the hitch fasteners.  Colored 13mm white silk ribbon with Distress inks. Curled copper heavy wire and attached it and the ribbon to the hitch fasteners as shown allowing extra wire on the right side to hang the key with.  Added the lock and key - the high spots on the lock were sanded and then both the lock and key were colored with ginger Alcohol ink.   

This next card uses Piglet sidled up to Pooh.  It is stamped on the back of an advertisement post card (I've got this old stack and want to use them up) with Archival ink jet black.  I die cut it with Spellbinders long classic scalloped rectangle and then the top and bottom trimmed off.  Inked the edges with Distress ink spun sugar and added the dots with a Tombow marker.  I cut a piece of Prima fairy floral paper and a piece of green burlap and sewed them together.  Also stitched around another trimmed piece of fairy floral paper.  Layered everything as shown including the piece of lace.  Dew drops added along lace.  The flower was colord with Tombow markers and a brad added to the center.  

This last card uses the stamp What you leave behind.  Last month at stamp club meeting I demoed and we played with alcohol inks so I used 2 pieces of paper from that play time on this card.  The lighter piece I stamped the quote on with Archival ink jet black and cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 4.  The darker piece is the background piece - I sponged snow cap Paint dabber around the edges (other white acrylic paints will work). The layer below the quote is purple cardstock also cut with Labels 4 and I spread rock candy Distress Stickles around the edges wide enough for layering and dried it with my Heat-It Craft Tool.  Put everything together as shown including Tim's trimmings and charm and 3 white pearls to finish it off.  


Quietfire said...

Oh Wanda! That last one is breathtaking! But of course I like them all! Thank goodness I don't have to "rank" them!! Thanks so much for displaying the new rubber so beautifully!

Kim said...

I quite agree;while I love them all, the last one is absolutely beautiful!

Lori said...

All gorgeous Wanda! Love, love, love them!

heavenlyacres said...

Well, whatever changes you made to the card using the backgrounds we made, it worked. Card looks wonderful!