Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Live the Life


The tag is grungeboard cut with Tim's tag die and then embossed with Woodgrain texture fade.  The tag started longer and I had put a border along the bottom but decided I really didn't like what I was doing and cut that part off... but not wanting to waste an otherwise nice beginning to a tag I chose to make a short tag. The coloring on the base tag is Tim's technique Weathered Wood with white and yellow paint dabber and a few colors of Distress Inks.  The bird and cage are cut form grunge.  The cage is embossed with the dot matrix texture fade, painted with silver paint dabber and then some black ink over that to tone it down.  The bird is colored with Distress Inks and stamped.  The bells were silver and colored with black alcohol ink.  The black dots around the edge and for the bird's eye were done with black Enamel Accents.

10 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Absolutely fantastic. I love this!

Linda M. Cain said...

what a fun project!

Gloria said...

I love how you run the birdcage through the cuttle bug to emboss it. The texture using this technique adds a lot to the birdcage. Beautiful tag. TFS

SusanK said...

Cool! And I love the shortness of the tag!

Marjie Kemper said...

SO beautiful... love all the texture and shine!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous work on this Wanda, the end result is stunning
hugs June x

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is fabulous. I love the dimension you gave the bird cage.

Lori said...

Wow! I love the embossed background, and the embossed birdcage, both are fabulous!

Claret Belle said...

Love it!

Sweetened by Kagi said...

I stumbled upon your page and I just love your work!!! I am your new follower :) Please follow me too http://sweetenedbykagi.blogspot.com/