Thursday, January 7, 2010

Grungepaper Wallets w/ Encouraging Cards

I participated in a 12 Days of Christmas swap on the Byhand Artists Yahoo Group last month. There were a total of 18 of us in the swap so some days we opened 2 gifts instead of 1. Everyone did an amazing job with their gifts!! For my gift I decided to make little wallets from grungepaper. I first saw these on Eileen's Blog here and then on Linda's blog here and Linda actually has several posts related to wallets if you want to take time to look around. I colored mine with Distress Inks, embossed them in a Cuttlebug folder and then hit the high spots with Archival Ink. The backgrounds on the cards I made to go in them were done with Glimmer Mists and a variety of masks. All stamps used on the cards are from Quietfire Design.




7 comments:

Elaine A said...

Wanda -

As always, a fabulous job on all your work. The wallets are just so pretty and the cards are each little masterpieces!

Elaine Allen

Gillian McMurray said...

I love these wallets. How clever. I'm going to take a look at the other links you mentioned. Could do with a bit of inspiration today ;o)

Jodi said...

So beautiful, Wanda!!!! Love what you've created... wonderful images and sentiments...

Lori said...

Wow, that's a LOT of wallets! to make! lol. They look superb! and the cards for the inside are awesome too!

Unknown said...

Wanda, I love the little wallets. I would love to make some for gifts. Are there instructions or a pattern anywhere?

julie m said...

very cool

Linda M. Cain said...

what a pile of wallets! Geez! Lots of work there.
I'll bet they loved them.
Linda