Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Totally Thrilled

My very good friend, Michelle, who is a stamper and also loves to carve her own images has had her first sheet of rubber made from her own carved images. (A special thank you to Charlotte of ggDesigns for helping to do this!!!)
This first picture is of the sheet of images. Aren't they fabulous!!!! The sheet measures about 4" x 5" and sells for $8.00. Michelle can be reached at mcrazy4art@gmail.com if you are interested in her stamps or leave me a message and I can put you in touch.

I've made a couple of cards using her stamps so far (more to come later). Both are regular sized cards (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). For this first one the bird is stamped with Stazon vibrant violet, torn out, the edges rubbed with Adirondack wild plum, and pink gems added to the tail and for the eye. The next layer is white cardstock run through the cuttlebug snowflake folder and then sprayed with Glimmer Mist lavender fields. The color is deeper near the snowflakes as it pooled there. Let dry or dry it with a heat tool. After it was dry I highlighted some of the snowflakes using the Ranger Inkssential white pen. "hello" was stamped with wild plum, torn out, and the edges inked with vibrant violet. I used the Tim Holtz ruler and an awl to make the holes on the first pink layer, edged it with wild plum and attached it to a folded pink card. Trim attached to the corners with Ranger glossy accents.

This next card was a lot of fun to make. It's the first time I tried one of these circle frames made with a corner punch. You can find a fabulous video on how to do this on the Amazing Paper Grace blog here. I made the circle frame from regular white cardstock and then sprayed it with Glimmer Mist candy apple red. The bird was stamped on white cardstock with Distress Ink vintage photo, sponged with Distress Ink antique linen and then torn out. I attached it behind the circle frame but put the tips of the beak in front of the frame. After attaching it to the frame I trimmed the bottom even with the circle. The background started with white cardstock. I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist meadow green, dried it, and then stamped the image around the edges with Stazon cactus green. The calligraphy stamp is from Quietfire Design. I stamped it on vellum with Archival Ink jet black, tore the top and bottom and attached it to the background by wrapping the edges to the back and taping them down. I layered the background to a folded white card, added the bird/circle piece, and finished up with a poinsettia flower and leaves attached with Glossy Accents. The shimmer on this card is wonderful but impossible to capture in the scan.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Great stamps and I love how you used them. The cards are just so pretty. Cngrats to your friend.