Saturday, March 2, 2019

Butterfly


Hello!!!  This butterfly card was a made a while back for a birthday.  I really love how it turned out!!!  The butterfly cutting die is from Elizabeth Craft Designs and is called Butterfly Aperture.  You can cut it as I did so the design is in a larger piece of paper or you can cut the design and also cut out the butterfly or you could just cut the butterfly outline.  I embossed the body of the butterfly with Ranger's Mixed Media Powder Hammered (two layers of the embossing powder) and popped it up with foam tape.  The paper you see through the butterfly, and I also left a border of it past the black, is from "the box" of miscellaneous backgrounds gathered from play over the years.  It looks so great for the butterfly!!!!  For the base of the card I cut Copper Metallic cardstock.





1 comment:

sarascloset said...

Absolutely STUNNING! That gorgeous background is perfect for showing off this beautiful die cut aperture! I love the copper body! You have created a lovely birthday card, and I'm so happy you took the time to post it! I hope you'll stop back by my blog this Saturday--I think you are going to enjoy what you see. hugs!