Monday, October 10, 2016

The Extraordinary


Hey!!!  I hope your Monday is good!!  The card in my last post was made about a month ago and I've had the left over piece after cutting the leaf - it was just too nice to toss - sitting here and I took time this weekend to use it. I trimmed up the paper a bit, tearing the bottom and cutting the top and sides.  I put a piece of Tim Holtz Textured Surface burlap behind the leaf and then stuck this to a piece of white cardstock that was first sprayed with water, crumpled, and dried.  There is stenciling around the leaf - Tim Holtz stencils, one I used texture paste with and the other Archival Ink.  Walnut Stain Distress Paint is splattered over the piece.  A black pen was used to add "stitching" around the leaf.  The words are black Idea-ology Small Talk Stickers and the white was done with a gel pen.  I added some dots of Cheese Puff Enamel Accents, not easily seen but they catch the light and add a detail.  All this is attached to a folded black card that measures 4 1/2" x 6 1/8".



4 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

Gorgeous gorgeous layering and window idea! Hugs, Autumn

Felicia said...

Wanda this IS EXTRAORDINARY!!! I love the colors, number one (my faves) and then I love how you incorporated the burlap in the background coming through!! Love, love it!! I may have to steal this idea and send to loved ones! I wouldn't expect ANYTHING less from you though, fine friend! I hope all is well in your neck of the woods! Blessings to you! :)

craftytrog said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous! xx