Hey!!! I'm so glad you've stopped by (or are reading this in an email)!!!!
This is Week 3 of the Summer of Creative Chemistry over at Online Card Classes and so far I'm keeping up. Now, I haven't tried every single technique that's been mentioned but I have been getting something done for each challenge. This weeks challenge is to use Perfect Pearls and Distress Inks or Stains. I've also used Distress Spray Stains and Perfect Pearls Mists.
I began with a piece of Ranger's Watercolor Paper adding Texture Paste Matte through a Stencil Girl stencil (the large one from the May Stencil Club package). The large gears in the background are cut from Grungeboard using the Tim Holtz Gadget Gears die. These were pressed on while the texture paste was still wet and also the circles from the center of the die cuts. I then sprayed it heavily with Distress Spray Stains (ripe persimmon, gathered twigs, wild honey) and Perfect Pearls Mist (sunflower sparkle, mandarin, perfect copper) and dry it. LOVE it!!! The doily (Tim Holtz die) was cut from Ranger's Mixed Media paper. I tore it in half, rubbed the Distress Ink Antique Linen pad over it coloring it fairly well, brushed on Perfect Pearls Powder (Perfect Pearls color) and then sprayed it with water to set the powder. Also LOVE how this came out. I bent it a bit back and forth to give it dimension. The strip of paper that goes across the card along the top of the doily uses the Perfect Distress Technique inking the flourish image with Carved Pumpkin and then brushing on Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls. The flower was cut from Ranger's Watercolor Paper and from Black Cardstock. The watercolor flower was sprayed with water and then Carved Pumpkin Distress Marker used for a bit of color. The words were stamped onto a scrap Mixed Media Paper with Archival Ink Jet Black. I did take the carved pumpkin ink blending tool and just using whatever ink was left on rubbed here and there over the words for just a touch of color. Cut the lines of the quote apart, glued them to black cardstock, cut them out and added them as shown. I've also used various sizes of Tim's Idea-ology gears.