Sunday, November 15, 2015

Leaving White Space - Honor Christmas


Another card with white space!!  This card uses products from PaperArtsy.  I began with a piece of heavy smoothy paper and colors from the Sept 2015 Limited Edition paint set.  I put some Teresa green, Granny smith, and Captain Peacock on my craft... just a bit of each... sprayed on some water, used my palette knife to smoosh the paint some and then dipped my paper in it.  It looked wonderful!!  Next I stamped the leaves (more on that in a bit) with Professor Plum and somehow, without noticing, managed to get paint on the edge of my plastic and then onto my paper where I didn't want it.  I quickly took my damp rag and tried to rub it off (I knew that probably would not take it all off)... I rubbed a bit harder and made the color lighter but also caused the paper to fray.  Not to be put off I sprayed some water on my craft sheet, dabbed my finger in a bit of Professor plum, added water and tapped it onto my card trying to give a random look of color.  It didn't work too bad and although I'm not sure I really like the roughened paper, it doesn't look terrible either so I went on ahead with the card.  The leaf stamp was created with fun foam from the outline leaf stamp on Sara Naumann's set ESN17.  I talk about making that fun foam stamp in THIS post.  The quote is stamped with black Versafine ink and embossed with clear powder.  This panel is layered to a panel painted around the edges with Professor Plum and then to a folded white card.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colour combination and I never would have guessed you had accidentally smudged paint onto the card.
It really is beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Turid said...

A Very impressing mistake:) perception is about focus, right? I totally loved white space! Keep em comin!

Artmadnana said...

I love the subtlety of the colours against the dominant plum colour. Fabulously elegant as always Wanda!