Thursday, August 21, 2014

I can't think of a title...


.... truly!!  I was drawing a complete blank and so told it like it was :-))  


I had some polished stone samples lying on my work space after I had finished THIS POST on the Quietfire Creations blog....  (side note - Quietfire Design currently has their alcohol inks on sale for 30% off, you'll see the sale price after the item is in your cart)....  and decided to use one of them for this card.  I stamped the flower (Wendy Vecchi Studio 490) and embossed it.  I then used the oval shaped Embossing Diffuser (Tim Holtz Alterations) and an embossing folder to emboss the swirls and then sanded over the embossing just a bit.  I decided I wanted to define the oval area more so drew around the oval opening with a black pen.  The edges of the panel are distress a bit and inked with Distress Ink.  I added color and highlights to the flower with markers and a white gel pen.  A piece of gold cording and some pearls finish it off.  



2 comments:

Vic said...

"Simply Lovely"

Unknown said...

Your untitled card is beautiful !!!