Sunday, May 12, 2013

Distress Paint and Adirondack Blending Solution



So when I got done with the 6 x 8 canvas I had 3 flowers left over I hadn't used and thought I should.  

I also had 3 tags laying in my work area that I had been trying something out on and decided to use one of those.  These are the 3 tags.  The coloring is done with Distress Paints and Adirondack blending solution.  For the first tag I sprayed the tag with well with water, added salty ocean and wild honey DP, blended it a bit with my finger, dripped on blending solution (more like shook it from the bottle so it fell in drips), and dried the tag. *the paint needs to be wet when you drip on the blending solution and not too thick which is why the tag is sprayed with water*  For the second tag (and it's the one I decided to use) I painted the tag with weathered wood DP, let it dry completely, sprayed it with water, added chipped sapphire DP, and shook on the blending solution.  For the 3rd tag, I had used picked raspberry, let it dry, added salty ocean and wild honey, dripped on the blending solution and went, "duh, I forgot the water", tried to add water, didn't really work at that point, dried it, then sprayed with water, added weathered wood DP and dripped on the blending solution.   


To finish the tag, I stamped some Wendy Vecchi images.  The flourish is embossed with white powder that isn't a bright white.  The honeycomb is stamped with Adirondack pigment snow cap.  The edges of the tag are distressed using Tim's paper distresser.  "create" is embossed into Ten Second Studio metal using one of their molds and I used a wheel around the edge... sanded the raised areas, lightly brushed on chipped sapphire DP paint over the word keeping the paint mostly inside of the "wheeled area", dried it, sanded it again.  I used weathered wood and chipped sapphire paint on each of the flowers, heated and shaped each flower, stacked them together, made hole and put a small brad through them all, glued it to the tag and finally added a Blossom Bucket piece to the center.  Oh, I almost forgot.. I stamped Wendy's flower border image along the bottom right with snow cap ink before adding the metal piece - it kind of blends in but adds a nice extra detail. 




9 comments:

artbyvic said...

Wow, great technique. TFS

artbyvic said...

Wow, great technique. TFS

Nancy said...

Cool!! Love the look you've created! Will have to try this!

Lori said...

Very cool tech and finished tag Wanda! :)

Linda Ward said...

WOW, even your leftovers are beautiful !!! Wish I could "see" through your eyes .

wendy vecchi said...

well done! looks awesome!

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous backgrounds, Wanda!

Anita Houston said...

Fabulous technique and awesome results!

Krista Hentges said...

pretty tag...should do one in purple :P