HAPPY NEW YEAR
To all my blog friends!!
You are a Blessing to me!!! I appreciate You!!!
I chose the word 'Giggle' to put on this jar because I need to giggle more. I tend to be too serious and need to lighten up, laugh, and giggle more. I'm better than I used to be but intend to keep improving in 2012.
Don't ya just love the jar!!! I do!!!!! It is a Very cool technique that The Wendy Vecchi shared on her blog on THIS post and also check out THIS post for another twist with this cool technique. I really liked the color of Wendy's bottle so I also used pumice stone Distress Stain and espresso Pigment Ink. I've had this jar for some time (don't remember where it came from) and I failed to think clearly when I started, lol... I wiped off the jar but I'm thinking I should have washed it very well (even though it was clean) or cleaned the glass with alcohol. As I was adding color to the crackle I had some spots start to come off so after it was dry I brushed Glossy Accents over all the crackle just to make sure everything was going to stay put and it does.
Ideology ornate plate, adage ticket, jump rings, charm clips, and ball chain are added to the jar. I sanded the ornate plate and also added some hazelnut Paint Dabber working all the extra paint off with my fingers.
For the flowers I glued old music to grungepaper using Glue 'n Seal - covered both sides of the grungepaper... die cut 3 of Tim's tattered pinecones, colored them with Distress Stains victorian velvet, mustard seed, and tea dye and formed them into little roses adding an old pearl to the center of each rose. Instead of using a toothpick like Tim shows I used small skewers so they would be long enough to stand in the jar. I covered one side of another piece of grungepaper with old music and stamped six of Wendy's rose leaves from the set Dimensional Rose Art using Archival Ink olive, cut them out, colored them with Distress Stain peeled paint (both sides), and stamped the back of the leaves with Wendy's text background from the set Live and Make Art (Archival olive). For each rose I cut one set of leaves apart and attached them up by the flower and left one set of leaves together attaching it a little further down the stick. I used floral tape to attach all leaves and to cover the stick so it was green. Besides the roses I also put a little bit of dried floral something, don't know what they are called, in the jar.
Here are a couple of more pictures at different angles.