Tuesday, May 17, 2011

MAC #12


We are up to #12 for the Making Art Challenges on the EverythingWendyVecchi Yahoo Group.  Our challenge this time was to stamp on patterened paper and use a saying in some sort of bookplate.  I chose paper from Tim's Crowded Attic stash and covered a large Art Parts Circle base with it.  I used two stamps from Wendy's Evidence of Art set on this project - the way cool tree and the saying.  The Circle frame is colored with Distress Stains - I first used weathered wood and then decided I wanted it to be green and put peeled paint over the weathered wood.  I stamped the tree on the papered circle base using Archival Ink jet black, sponged Distress Ink bundled sage around the edges, and then added little sticky-back gems in the swirls of the tree.  The tips of the tree are stamped with jet black on the frame working my way around the whole frame.  I used the smallest Bookplate from the Art Parts package of bookplates.  The center piece is covered with the same paper as the circle base but I used the flip side of the paper so I didn't have any lines... stamped the saying with jet black and some tree tips... sponged bundled sage around the edges and added 5 gems.  The frame of the bookplate is first coated with silver Paint Dabber pressing up and down to create texture - it is very cool how the metallic dabbers will hold the texture as they dry!! -  after the paint was dry I sponged on some olive Archival Ink and also some jet black.  I cut part of the prongs off the brads and glued the brads into the holes so the back of the bookplate could stay smooth.  Glued on an Ideology D-ring for a hanger.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Wanda, This is gorgeous! I love everything you chose, the circle arts parts and the set. Great job! Deb

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! And that tree fits so perfectly in the circle. Outstanding!

SusanK said...

This is so neat! I can see it working for a family tree, too!

Kathy Eddy said...

Very cool piece Wanda. I love that tree!

Lori said...

This is awesome, Wanda, love how the tree just fits in that circle!

Turid said...

What a lovely piece, and what a lovely tree, fun yet stylish. It is so eye catching! I love how you did this piece alltogether. The metallic dauber sounds like a lot of fun.