Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Created Byhand Challenge


This weeks challenge at Created Byhand (forum or blog) is My Tribe Indigenous People's Day.  I actually had not heard of this day and had to google it.  It seems some places have replaced Columbus day with Indigenous People's Day or in some areas it is called Native American Day.  When thinking of Native Americans, one of the things that comes to mind is the colors and patterns used in weaving and that was my beginning inspiration for this ATC.  The background didn't come out quite as I had thought but I do like it.  I started with the dotted harlequin background stamp and colored it with watercolor crayons.  After it was all colored I sprayed it water from a mini mister bottle and then stamped it onto cardstock... however, I sprayed it a bit too much and my colors blended more than I was thinking so I lost much of the pattern... it was still very pretty and so I used it... I cut it down to a 2 3/8" x 3 3/8" piece.  I decided to stamp the mini heart flourish in each open area using black ink and then layered the piece onto a black atc blank.  The ticket is one from a strip die cut with the Tim Holtz ticket die... I was thrilled to find that the friend rubber stamp word fit perfectly on a ticket.  It is stamped with black ink and distress inks used to add color to the cardstock... a black pen was used to make the line around the ticket.  The butterfly is stamped with distress ink and cut out.  All rubber stamps are from Quietfire Design

4 comments:

Yogi said...

very nice. Interesting we both had to Google to find out what it was, or give us inspiration.

Robyn said...

thanks for the detail
wanda- love that Harlequin stamp.
Thanks for sharing with created byhand

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous card, Wanda!

Quietfire said...

Wanda - this is very cool! The background came out really well and the little heart fit perfectly in the negative space. And awesome! about "friend" fitting in the ticket. Really wonderful! I have the Lyra Aquacolor crayons back in stock - did you happen to use those for this?