Saturday, July 10, 2010
Foam flowers on a Chipboard Hanging
I'm not sure how this is going to look on your screen. I could not get the colors to be right on my screen... purple and blue together just seems to be really hard. Anyway I'll tell you what I used and hopefully you'll be able to see it in your mind the correct way. I had a friend over this past week and we were working on getting some things ready for a craft night with the kids at church on Wednesday. After we had everything ready we were looking ahead at 2 other craft nights there will be during the summer. For one of them we are going to make pencil toppers and we were looking at foam sheets and dies and I showed her how some of my dies would cut the foam just fine so we have some ideas and will work on it another week. After she left I had these foam flowers laying there that were cut with Tim Holtz's tatttered florals die out of a light green foam and the urge to stamp into foam was too strong, lol. So I heated the flowers and pressed them with Wendy Vecchi's dotted background stamp (all stamps used in this project are Wendy Vechhi Studio 490 stamps). Then I painted them with Ranger's paint dabbers in purple twilight and pool. The large flower is the purple and the smaller one the blue. After the paint was dry I used my finger to lightly add snow cap paint over the top which left the paint down in the dots a deeper color than the top. So I had these two flowers laying there... why not use them. Out came a page from a Maya Road chipboard book. I colored it with Distress Ink bundled sage, waterstamped the screen image on it and added brushed corduroy around the edges... then also stamped the speckled background image on it with Archival Ink olive... Decided I needed leaves with my flowers so stamped them twice on grungepaper with Archival Ink olive, cut them out, added shabby shutters and dabbed a little peeled paint here and there. Checked placement of the leaves and flowers, stamped the saying, stitches, and flourished with Archival Ink jet black. Adhered everything to the tag as shown glueing small pieces of grungeboard scrap between the flowers and the Ideology token on the top. Also very lightly added some snow cap paint to the token with my finger. Decided I needed something else and stamped the butterfly on grungepaper, cut it out, sponged on broken china and just a touch of dusty concord and finished up with Adirondack purple twilight. Added dots to the body with the Inkssential white pen. Went over the dots on the flourished with a black Glaze pen. Copper wire for the butterfly's antenna and the hanger.
Posted by Wanda Hentges at 3:50 PM