Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dove Wrappers

The saying on each one of these atcs came from a Dove candy bar wrapper. I tore them out, layered them on a scrap of brown cardstock, tore that and went around the edges with the brown Adirondack paint dabber. The background for each of these started with some paper a friend and I did quite some time ago. We each took watercolor paper, covered it with either heavy gel medium or molding paste (Golden brand), pressed in bubble wrap (I used a piece with small bubbles over part of the paper and a piece with large bubbles over the rest), let it mostly dry, pulled off the bubble wrap, finished letting it dry and then painted it. For these atcs I cut the bases from this paper and then stamped a text image over the pieces and took the brown paint dabber to the edges. Next I layered on various things I had laying near my space...

this first atc has grungepaper flowers cut with the new Tim Holtz Alterations die (stamped with Studio 490 dots) and a small Maya Road velvet flower in the center.

This 2nd atc uses paper ribbon (punched from white cardstock using a Martha Stewart punch and colored), paper flowers (Prima) and gems, and a metal butterfly (Making Memories).


This is a felt flower (don't know who it's from) and a metal flower (Spare-Parts).


Lace trim, paper flowers (Prima), and a metal butterfly (Making Memories).


Flowers cut from fabric and lace using Tim Holtz's Alterations die. Metal flower in center (Spare-Parts).

4 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda M. Cain said...

Fun stuff, I love doing these!

Lori said...

Ha! I thought I was the only one that saved those! I have a stack on my desk, and I use the excuse that I need them to make art as a reason to buy the chocolate, which, by the way, is oh so yummy. Wonderful ATC's, love the backgrounds!

Flowers said...

Such a wonderful set! I love this card, too - so cheery. I need to get busy!