Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas ATCs



I had a lot of fun making these atcs for a somewhat local mail in swap. Usually when I do mail-in swaps, I make all the atcs the same (or nearly) but this time I didn't. Last week I saw these awesome Christmas bird images used in some art projects on Audrey Hernandez's blog and knew I had to get them. They are from Retro Cafe Art and I bought the digital downloads so I could use them right away :) The music background images are from Paper Imagery Designs... I rubbed Rock Candy Distress Stickles on all the backgrounds, let it dry, cut them out, layered them onto cardstock atc blanks, and then sponged Distress Ink brushed corduroy around the edges. Next I layed out all the bird images I wanted to use (I'd cut them out while riding with dh to deliver some parts), a bunch of different embellishments, ribbons, stickers, decorative buttons, and flowers and just started putting them together. It was great fun!!!! and I had the hardest time trying to decide which atc to keep, LOLOL.

6 comments:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Awesome job! I love them all so much!!!
xoxo,
Kristin

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Hmmmm... I also replied to your email, but the delivery failed?
Thanks again for sharing!!!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Sorry for all the posts! But if you add a Retro Cafe Art link under your "Places to shop" you can get 2free digi sheets per my blog offer :).
xoxo,
Kristin

Sherry Goodloe said...

Love your Christmas atc's . . too cute! Isn't Kristen at Retro Cafe Art just the best?!

Lori said...

Those are just awesome ATC's Wanda! I'm kind of partial to birds!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

these are all adorable! I love the sweet birds and wonderful art you created!