Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Vintage 6" x 6" Page Swap


This is the front and back of the page I did for a Page Swap on the AllThingsTim Yahoo Group (that Tim would be Tim Holtz). The theme was vintage, the size 6" x 6", and you had to use something Tim related... product, technique, or even both... and we needed to make 20 pages. I started with 2 large sheets of Bristol board and to make the background for the fronts I sprayed the boards with Distress Inks mixed in mini mister bottles (old paper, tea dye, faded jeans, and maybe some corduroy - I should have wrote it down... oops) I also did some misting with water to help with blending and then while it was still wet I sprinkled on some walnut ink crystals. After they were dry I cut them up to get my 6x6 pages. At this point I wasn't totally pleased with how they looked and decided to add some scattered straw ink using the blending tool. I stamped the swirls on the backgrounds with Archival ink sepia and the words and bird with Archival ink jet black and finished by sponging a little black soot ink around the edges. The tag was stamped with jet black and color added with Distress inks using blending tools. The flowers were punched from grungepaper, colored with Distress Inks, and then sprayed with Perfect Pearls gold mixed in a mini mister bottle. The rickrack was sprayed with Distress Ink faded jeans. Embellishments are ribbon, a butterfly charm, a button, and Ideology snaps, washers, and brads. For the back I sponged the edges of the boards with Distress ink black soot, cut white cardstock 5 3/4" square, colored the white cardstock using the wrinkle free distress technique and distress ink broken china. The flowers were done using the Perfect Distress technique - fired brick and spiced marmalade inks and gold Perfect Pearls. The butterflies were stamped with fired brick. The edges were sponged with corduroy using the blending tool. My information is added using an Ideology journaling ticket. All the stamps I used are Tim Holtz images.

5 comments:

Bearcrazyman said...

Hey Wanda,
I received one of these pages and its beautiful, as all of your art.

Friends thru art
Stephen - Bearcrazyman
http://bearcrazyman.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This is really lovely Wanda - great work!

Linda M. Cain said...

Great stuff!
Linda

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Wanda
these are both gorgeous! I love how you designed that tag on the first card. :)

inge said...

Hello Wanda,

I'm still waiting for my pages to arrive, but I couldn't resist to have a look at the pages yet...:)

Your pages looks great : I especially love the colorful tag on the muted background !
greetings from Belgium
Inge