Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Found a little play time today and made this tag for challenge #27 on the Everything Wendy Vecchi Yahoo Group... our challenge was to use a smaller stamp repeatedly to make a background. I've had this tag (Ranger #5 kraft) laying on my work area for awhile... I had used it to pick up extra color (distress stains including picket fence and perfect pearls mists) when working on another project... so I decided I would use it as my starting point for this challenge. I chose a small Studio 490 flower to stamp on it... first using Archival Ink french ultramarine and then added more flowers using Archival Ink deep purple. The french ultramarine faded a lot as it dried (because of the picket fence stain which lightens colors you put over it)... but looks very cool as you catch glimpses of it when looking and moving the tag (hopefully you can see some in the close up pic below). The saying (also Studio 490) is stamped with Adirondack pigment ink pitch black and then also embossed with black embossing powder to help it pop more. Studio 490 Art Part flowers and flourish... colored with distress stains (peeled paint, dusty concord, broken china), stamped with various Studio 490 background images using Archival Ink (olive, deep purple, manganese blue). Dabbed the edges of the tag and art parts with snow cap Paint Dabber. A tiny button with white thread tied through the holes finish off the flower. Idea-ology ribbon colored with Distress Stains (broken china, dusty concord) and an Idea-ology bauble and chain tassel finish the tag.
Posted by Wanda Hentges at 7:04 PM
Monday, September 26, 2011
I don't have any "new" art to share but I have these atcs made in the last couple of months that I hadn't shared yet.
These first two have corrugated cardboard for the bases and the focal points are pieces made from UTEE that I had left from a play session with a friend earlier this year.
This atc uses an old PSX stamp for the background... stamped with Archival Ink jet black and colored with Prismacolor pencils and distress inks. Image is from Paper Imagery Designs.
Here we have a textured background (Tim's dot embossing folder), paint, ink, and stamping. Gears (Tim's die) cut from grunge and painted layered with Idea-ology products. Image is from Altered Artifacts.
Posted by Wanda Hentges at 7:35 AM
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
It's been a long while since I found time to play along with a challenge on the EverythingWendyVecchi Yahoo Group. But I managed squeak in on Challenge #26. Requirements - polka dots, a face or eyes, and at least one Studio 490 stamp. I made an atc. All stamps are Wendy Vecchi Studio 490. The base is a piece I had left after working on THIS class. It's cardstock with modeling paste embossed with Tim's embossing folder (it was still white so I could make it work for this project). I colored it first with Antique Linen Stain but decided I wanted it much brighter and went over it with mustard seed Stain. Stamped the dots with Archival Ink jet black. Used gold Paint Dabber around the edges and rubbed it on the high spots using my finger. Stamped the framed eyes on white cardstock with jet black. Colored it using a paint brush and either Adirondack (raspberry, sunset orange, meadow) or Distress Inks (antique linen, broken china). Stamped the words on white cardstock with jet black, cut them out, added color to "Vision" with the same inks as the face.
Posted by Wanda Hentges at 4:30 PM
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Here is a little peek at a project I did for the blog Crafting with OWSE after being asked to be a guest artist for their Wednesday Women. I am very thrilled that they asked me and had a fabulous time making this piece of art. The full project with a tutorial and lots of pictures can be found HERE.
Posted by Wanda Hentges at 8:40 AM
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
blog or forum) ... I went with both shades of blue and lace. The tag is cut from Kanban paper using Tim's tag die. The flowers are made from the packaging of the Kanban paper... I cut it with Tim's tattered floral die...stacked up some flowers... put a brad in the center, used the heat tool to melt the edges of the petals and then added color with alcohol inks. The Tim book plate is dabbed with acrylic paint and excess wiped off. The bottom large flower is cut from grungepaper, inked with distress ink, and embossed with Tim's dot folder. "Just for you" and "Just because" are both Quietfire Design stamps. You can find links to all the products on the challenge blog post HERE.
Posted by Wanda Hentges at 5:56 PM