Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Live Simply ATC


Hello friends!!!  It is a beautiful day in Southern Iowa!!  The sun is shining, the weather is nice, and the grass has greened up from the rain this past week!!

The challenge this week at Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog is ATCs.  I love atcs.  I have 100s of atcs... but it has been awhile since I made one.  

I began with an atc sized piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavyweight.  The flower (PaperArtsy Kay Carley PS060) is stenciled with GrungePaste (PaperArtsy).  Once dry I added Infusions (PaperArtsy) Frankly Scarlet, Lemoncello, and Golden Sands along with lots of water letting everything flow together and immediately started drying it with a heat tool.  Once dry I splattered it with water, blotted it and dried it again.  Next I added Nuvo Crystal Drops Ivory Seashell on top of each little dot and let that dry.  This made all the dots pearly.  They did draw up a little color but that is fine.  I used a pen to add some black shadows along the lines of the flower and then a white gel pen in a scratchy manner on top of the lines along with some doodling in the center.  White paint splatters over the whole piece.  Fresco Finish Metallic Acrylic (PaperArtsy) Pewter was added around the edges and dried.  Black pen doodling around the edges.  I then also used Embossing Ink (Ranger) and Wow! White Puff Powder around the edges.   A sticker from the Small Talk pack (Tim Holtz Idea-ology) was cut, layered onto white cardstock, cut out and attached.  



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute with the Nuevo drops!

Krista Hentges said...

I love this!! Very whimsical fall esque!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous ATC Wanda, the background is fabulous and I love the ivory dots and how you added the black shadows to create a 3D effect, this really is a stunner!! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x