Friday, July 21, 2017

World of Imagination Hipsters - #hipforsummer


Hello and Happy Friday!!!  

I've had in my mind for a few weeks a hipster project using all 5 hipsters, each a different color and only that one color for each.  Today I've done it!!  #hipforsummer

The hipsters are stamped with Distress Oxide Inks - Cracked Pistacchio, Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves.  I used foam tape to put them together except for the glasses.  Those are glued down flat and then the lens area filled with Glossy Accents.  It was interesting to see how each color reacted with the Glossy Accents.

The background piece is Distress Mixed Media Heavy Stock.  The background uses the same five colors of DOX.  I put them on direct to paper, sprayed it quite a bit with water, used my finger for any areas that didn't have coverage and I ran my finger along where the colors came together to slightly blend and soften the line and dried the piece.  I then used some Tim stencils.  First #THS032 Flourish with DOX Fossilized Amber.  Second #THS004 Stripes with DOX Vintage Photo both vertically and horizontally.  I then splattered the piece with water, blotted it and dried.  The third stencil used was THS011 Schoolhouse with DOX Black Soot.  I then again splattered it with water, blotted it, and dried it.  I inked the edges just a bit with DOX Black Soot.  I made tiny marks near the edges where I wanted the stitching to be and then sewed it with Tim's Eclectic Elements black thread.  The quote (Tim's Stuff to Say set #CMS110) was stamped with Embossing Ink and Embossed with White.  The words were stamped with Archival Ink, cut out, and edged with DOX.

This was a lot of fun to make for the #hipforsummer challenge!!!!



2 comments:

Paula Cheney said...

tremendous - I LOVE this idea - so very clever, my friend!

Vic said...

Wow! I didn't I like the hipsters but each of your creations makes like/want them.