Saturday, April 15, 2017

Music Expresses


Hello!!  I created this card in part for this weeks Simon Says Monday Challenge which is Hip Hop.  


I decided to approach this theme from the music side rather than using something that hopped.  Although now, as I'm typing up this post, it has occurred to me that I could have put bunny ears on the dog.  But no, I'll leave it as is.  

For the background I started with Mixed Media paper and applied layers of Distress Ink, both Oxide and Regular using lot of water and drips while drying and layering more.  Once done with the ink, I used the Sizzix, Tim Holtz music folder to emboss the paper and then applied Treasure Gold - White Fire with my finger keeping it mostly to the high spots.  Real stitching around the edges.


Here is a close up.  Isn't that scrumptious!!!  


The quote is a Quietfire Design rubber stamp (Music Expresses).  The paper I've stamped it on is Mixed Media Heavy Weight sprayed with Distress Spray Stain, some stencil (Tim Holtz) work with both water and ink and then splatters of water.  On the edges I've dabbed PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint - White Fire.  Under the quote panel is black burlap.  The Tim Holtz dog was stamped onto Mixed Media paper, water colored using Distress Inks and a water brush.  The music notes are punched from black paper (a really old punch).  





4 comments:

Krista Hentges said...

Absolutely Phenominal!!! So glad you left off the bunny ears lol. I love everything about this card, from the background, to the quote, to the dog!!

Turid said...

How fun that you turned something so elegant in to something so hip with that dog. Totally awesome background, you really rock those frescos, I think I see them in every project. and the impression folder from Tim is really very cool. The stamp is fabulous! Happy easter!

Sandra said...

This background is amazing! Love the depth and texture. It's gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh what a background, and love the dog with this most excellent saying!