Saturday, May 14, 2016

Summer - Distressed and Foiled


Happy Saturday to you!!!!!!!  I hope your weekend is going well!!  We have our first Graduation Open House of the season to attend this evening.  

There are EXCITING things happening at Quietfire Design and Elizabeth Craft Designs... New Releases!!!!  There are brand new A Way With Word dies - a set with all four seasons and two singles, remember and memories.  Quietfire Design also has 11 new stamps/stamp sets.  The dies are wonderful and I can hardly wait to get the stamps, they are gorgeous!!!  See all the new QF items HERE

Elizabeth Craft Designs' has new releases across all their lines.  They have a blog post HERE

I'm sharing a card today using summer from the 4 Seasons die set.  I began with Ranger's Mixed Media paper and Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Shaded Lilac).  I did the wrinkle free distress technique to color the paper... dipping, drying, blotting, etc. until I liked the background.  I used a Prima Christine Adolf Adhesive Rub-On and purple foil for the collage flower image.  I LOVE these rub-ons!!!  They work great!!  I didn't use the whole image but let it run off the bottom of the background.  I trimmed the background paper so I had a strip to the right and stamped an old Inkadinkado image with Archival Ink Violet only using part of the image and stamping it at the top and bottom of the strip.  These are attached to white cardstock and then ECD's True Blue Soft Finish Cardstock (edges distressed) and then a folded white card.  Summer is die cut from Soft Finish Cardstock (White and True Blue), layered together and attached to the card.  



2 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous!

Turid said...

This is a gem of a card. You have captured the air of summer and the bloom of it. Great!!!