Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Merry Little Christmas -- New Stamps -- And a Hop


It was a happy mail day for me Friday as I received brand new just released stamps from Quietfire Design.  You can find all the new releases HERE and even better they are on sale for 25% off.  The sale price shows up when something is put in the shopping cart.  If you've been thinking about Suzanne's word dies, they are also on sale - 15% off.  

I had to have a play with the new stamps and have this card to share so far.  All the stamps used for this card are from the same set - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, set of 3.  I began with Ranger's watercolor paper stamping onto the smooth side.  I stamped the quote and the tree with Versafine black ink and embossed them with clear detail powder.  I made a rough mask for the tree and then stamped the dots (snowflakes) with embossing ink and clear embossed them.  I used Distress Ink tumbled glass, water and a paintbrush to paint around the tree and across the bottom. I used a Distress Marker (evergreen bough) to put a little green in the tree and a yellow Glaze pen to color the star.  For a bit of sparkle I used the clear Wink of Stella pen in the flourish of the tree and over the yellow star.  Finally I distressed the edges of the panel.  The next panel is white cardstock and I used the clear Wink of Stella around the edges wide enough for the border.  Everything is attached to a folded colored card.  I love how the embossing shines and the Wink of Stella sparkles as the card is moved!!! 



I want to also give you a heads up on a Quietfire Design Blog Hop!!!  The posts begin tomorrow and you can get all of the information regarding the hop on the Quietfire Creation's Blog HERE.  There will be prizes!!!!  

The schedule is on the Quietfire Creation's Blog and I've also included it here.

Day 1- Monday November 23 : Teresa and Yogi
Day 2 -Tuesday November 24: KathyJo and Judi Kauffman
Day 3 - Wednesday November 25: Wanda (that's me) and Yvonne
Day 4 - Thursday November 26: Robyn and Selma
Day 5 - Friday November 27: Diana and Suzanne



4 comments:

Turid said...

Isn't this the cutest ever! Love it! And that wink of Stella pen, genius together with the embossed snow. This to me is a winner, Wanda! The penmanship is totally beautiful, gotta love q f! This is a stamp that can be used also by not English speaking receivers, as this tune is known to and loved by all. And versafine black. I haven't seen that around here.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

This is so elegant and simply gorgeous Wanda. Thank you for sharing the beauty.

C. M. Taylor said...

Susan said it right. So simple and so elegant! TFS

New Creations said...

So cute and elegant, love the font style and great touch of wink of stella!