Sunday, April 19, 2015

Here & Now


I'm finally back with that post about the Wendy Vecchi class I took a week ago.  The class was held at The Scrapbooking Studio in Moline, IL.  It was an all day class and Amy, the store owner, had snacks (chocolate), bottles of water, and lunch for us.  She also had a gift bag for each of us.  My bag had 2 large Blossom Bucket decorative pieces that are way cool!!!  Thanks, Amy!!!!

The picture above with Wendy and I, I took with my phone and I am not great at holding the phone with one hand while trying to be ready for picture and hit the correct button just right, lol.  Hence, my lack of a real smile!!!

Below is a group shot with some friends.  In order - Me, Wendy, Deb, Lori (blog), Susan (blog), and Nancy.  I had been to a get together in Ohio with Deb, Lori, and Nancy a few years ago but this was the first time meeting Susan.  It was wonderful to meet her and see everyone else.  


For class we began by learning several different techniques using Wendy's inks, powders and pastes doing most of them on tags.  When we'd finish that we moved onto a larger project that incorporated many of the techniques we'd just learned choosing our own colors, layout and words.  We worked on a 6" x 6" canvas board and included the wood frame from a mini canvas (canvas removed), Wendy products, and Tim Holtz products.  Wendy even provided a frame for each of us.  Here is my finished piece!!! 







6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your canvas !!!!!

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Love it. They are all unique.

C. M. Taylor said...

Great groupie photo! I bet the day was a blast! You rise to the occasion every time! Your art is so unique! TFS!

Lori said...

Great recap of the class Wanda! Love your canvas..the pic turned out great of all of us! Yeah!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

what a wonderful photo and the projects look awesome

Felicia said...

Wanda, what an amazing blessing!! I would love, love to be in one of her classes! Your project was simply FABULOUS!! I love it! I am so glad you got to go and enjoy with friends and glean from a goody!! Blessings my friend! P.S.......I can't do the hold the phone and do the picture thing either!!! LOL My kids think I am a spazzo!! LOL