Saturday, December 27, 2014

One More Christmas Project

Hello!!!  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Day!!  We had a fabulous day at home celebrating the birth of our Savior.  Our two boys were home and the whole day was a joy!!

I had this Mary Kay bag and almost threw it away but then thought I would alter it and use it for a gift for one of my bestest friends!!  


I painted the bag with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints chocolate pudding (the main bag) and old gold (the handle and also added some on the edges of the bag.  I also went over the handle and the edges with some Treasure Gold.  I cut the Tim Holtz tattered poinsettia twice from cream cardstock and embossed and colored it the same as the poinsettia on the last card I posted HERE.  


Merry Christmas from the Quietfire Design set, Merry Christmas Plain & Simple, is stamped with Archival Ink red geranium on a scrap of cream cardstock, torn out, and glued to the bag. I did also add an Idea-ology gumdrop to the center of the poinsettia but had already taken the picture before I remembered to add it.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very creative !!! What a great way to recycle. I will think twice before I throw anything away.

C. M. Taylor said...

You never cease to amaze me! I love it! Happy new year!