Thursday, October 23, 2014

When this Christmas...


Suzanne at Quietfire Design has redone this Christmas quote and my card uses the new release which is now available as a cling stamp rather than naked rubber.  I love that all these new releases are now cling and older stamps will be converted over time.

I used Distress paint picket fence and Distress stains (tumbled glass, broken china, shaded lilac) to begin my background.  Loved doing this technique at Tammy's class this past weekend and I guess I'm not ready to stop.  The trees (an old PSX stamp) are stamped with Archival Ink sap green.  Distress ink faded jeans around the edges and then distressed the edges with a paper distresser. The quote is stamped with jet black Archival Ink.  White paint is spattered on.  The snowflake is the Tim Holtz new die and embossing folder combo release Layered Snowflake and it is cut from an Idea-ology frosted sheet.  The trim across the card is a satin cutout snowflake ribbon and I've used Tim Holtz's tiny attacher to attach it.  A heart brad to hold on the big snowflake with the panel glued to a folded white card and we are done. 





7 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

Wanda, this is gorgeous. Love the distress stain technique and that snowflake.

Felicia said...

Wanda, this card is just magical looking! I love the subtleness of the card but also how it just invites me into a winter wonderland!! Christmas memories with family and friends and the Spirit of Christ are definitely treasures...what a great stamp! Loving this my friend! Blessings to you! :)

Turid said...

Love the Quote and love the Card. Such great Color and Overall christmassy Feeling.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning Wanda!
Looks like you had a wonderful time at Tammy's classes too, gorgeous projects!
Alison xxx

barbara macaskill said...

Stunning! Love the sentiment an those soft colors are enchanting!

Turid said...

LOve your choice of Colors on this. And by the way, I forgot to comment on the 3 Cards on the post from Tammy's class. Now that is what I call Christmas art! Totally cool.

Ruth said...

Beautiful, beautiful subtle background, gorgeous card. Ruth x