Monday, July 28, 2014

Classes with Finnabair

I drove over to Lincoln, NE this past Saturday and took 2 classes with Finnabair at Pages in Time.  I really enjoyed both classes and learned quite a lot.  

The classes were very busy with not much time to think about having the camera out, but I did manage to get one picture of Finnabair.


The first class was a mixed media collage on double canvas.  I couldn't fit the long canvas (actually 2 canvases attached together) into my light tent and get a picture of it, lol!!!  This first pic I took it outside.  The second pic it is laying on the floor in my creative area.  The rest are in the light tent just getting partials.  The color is more true on my screen in the pics taken inside.  After finishing the canvas, we can choose to separate them like THIS ONE on her blog.  I haven't decided if I'm doing that or not.  There are a couple of things I would do different now that the canvas is done but that's ok, this was for learning!!  I'm really glad I took the classes!!







The second class was called "Pretty in Grunge" and is a 12 x 12 piece. 

We got to create "clusters" in both classes...  once I got going, it wasn't as hard as I thought.  It's one of those things where I need to just do and not over-think it (something I tend to do)!!!







9 comments:

fablady said...

I am so glad you got to come to my store for Finnabair, isn't she awesome and she really is a great teacher, thank you for being a part of a very fun creative weekend

SusanK said...

What fun and I love the pieces you created! Some day I'll have an opportunity to take classes such as these.

Felicia said...

Wanda, lucky you! I bet it was so much fun and love, love what you created! Wonderful Wanda! :)

Unknown said...

WOW !!! You have expanded your creative ability and these canvas are truly awesome. Someday I would like to take classes like that.

Quietfire said...

Just lovely Wanda!

Jutta said...

Oh you are one lucky lady! TFS

Teresa said...

Gorgeous project Wanda.. Love all those flowers that you put on. How fun :)

Deepti said...

Oh my these pieces are so pretty :) absolutely gorgeous. You might wanna look into the new challenge blog called Mixed Media Card challenge :), u can share ur mixed media creations based on the challenge and serve as a great inspiration :)

itsazoo said...

Gorgeous projects......