Wednesday, April 2, 2014

To create is to touch the spirit.


Yes, another card using the Vintage Kraft Kit from Quietfire Design.  I attached the printed paper to the front of a kraft card trimming it even with the card and sponging on a bit of walnut stain Distress Ink.  I stamped the quote on the textured kraft paper with Archival Ink jet black.  I wanted ripped edges but in a fairly straight way, but not too straight (if that makes sense) and tried to tear it against a ruler which worked fairly well.  Then it occurred to me that I should have wet the paper and tried to tear it and as I wanted to pull out some little pieces along the edge so it wasn't too straight, I did go ahead and wet the edges which did help.  While they were still wet I dabbed Distress Stain rusty hinge along both edges, dried it well, sponged on a little walnut stain to tone it down and attached it to the card trimming the ends even.  My strip wasn't matching the printed paper quite as well as I'd like so I sponged some rusty hinge Distress Ink along the top and bottom of the card.  I colored a piece of the linen ribbon with the rusty hinge Distress Stain, dried it and glued it and the hand charm as shown.


3 comments:

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful Wanda. Looks like you are having fun and they are stunning tags.
hugs
susan s

Wendy said...

Fab card Wanda, that background is amazing and the embellishment is just perfect! x

Con said...

I like this card especially for masculine! -con