I created this first journal page earlier this week. I was inspired by a post on Wendy Vecchi's blog HERE and I felt like just playing a little so I did a really quick page. I made sure it was quick by not letting myself think too much and dragging it on, lol!!! I punched a large oval to use as mask on the large background stamp while inking it with Wendy's Archival Ink potting soil - stamped it on the page. Next I "sprayed" Distress Stains old paper and spiced marmalade keeping the old paper more in the center and spiced marmalade around the edges (somewhat). Since there was color sitting on top of the paper and the page next door was blank, I pulled it over pressing the two together to transfer the extra color and then continued with the page I was working on. I used Wendy's Stamp-it Stencil-it perfect peony on the left. I first placed the stencil on and added Fresco Finish snowflake paint through the stencil (this is an opaque paint so it covered the Archival Ink). I dried the paint and then stamped the image. I didn't get it lined up exactly but that was ok. Dried the black Archival Ink and then again used the stencil to add color to the flower - red geranium & carnation red on the flower, fern green on the leaves. Dried the ink and used a white Sharpie paint pen to add highlights to the tips of the petals. To add more to the background I applied snowflake paint through sequin waste in the corner areas and used Wendy's Add A Stencil stencil with orange blossom ink randomly around the page. I stamped a border image on the lower part of the page but got it crooked - too crooked for me to just leave so I covered it with tissue tape, sponged on a little green ink. Stamped the words and stenciled the bird with jet black Archival. Stenciled the lines along the top and bottom with potting soil ink.
I managed a little more play time yesterday and started to work on the page to the left finishing it up today. I stamped the butterflies with jet black Archival not getting a good impression on the center butterfly so I stamped an extra one on a scrap of paper I could layer over it. I used an EvoTemplate to draw the square. The left side of the page was mostly without color and it was too much white for me so I rubbed on a little fired brick Distress Ink along the side and across the top and bottom. I colored the butterflies using Distress Stains and a water brush - scattered straw on the upper wings, dried marigold on the lower wings and then a little bit of rusty hinge at the bottom of the bottom wings, frayed burlap on the body. Again used Wendy's Add A Stencil stencil with orange blossom as a filler and also her dots with red geranium. Stamped the leaves across the top with leaf green. The words are stamped with jet black.
And here are both pages together... individual but looking good side-by-side.