Sunday, April 20, 2014

Friend

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!!  Jesus is Alive Forevermore!!


I've been putzing with this card this week and have it finished.  I was going to say that weeks ago and now I see it's been a couple of months... Quietfire added the dotted harlequin stencil -- background cut file to the silhouette store and I actually cut it right away (I sized it to be about 4" x 8") and then it sat on my counter waiting to be used.  One day I will use it as a stencil but this one I wanted in my background.  I have no idea why as they don't really look the same but it makes me think of lattice... maybe it was the long Winter and I wanted Spring!!  Anyway I decided this week that it would get made into a card and as I was thinking about what to layer it over, I remember some paper towels that had been used to sop up excess color off the craft mat and decided that would be perfect.  I cut a piece of cardstock bigger than my cut background, glued the paper towel to it and after it was dry, trimmed it to the size of the cardstock, glued the cut out to it and then sponged just a bit of vintage photo Distress Ink around the edges.  I knew I wanted flowers and greenery and one of Suzanne's wonderful calligraphied quotes.  As you can see, I chose I wouldn't have missed being your friend.  I stamped it on a scrap of cardstock, trimmed the top and sides, tore the bottom, inked around the edges with Archival Ink orange blossom and monarch orange, and tied twine around it.  The flowers and greenery are cut with Tim Holtz dies.  The greenery is colored with Distress Stain mowed lawn and stamped with a Wendy Vecchi background image using her Archival Ink leaf green.  The flowers are colored with Distress Stain scattered straw in the center and ripe persimmon on the petals and then I also added mustard seed in the centers.  Next I sprayed them well with Perfect Pearls Mist sunflower sparkle and let them dry.  Stacked 3 flowers together, added a brad to the center and then crumpled them up.  Glued everything on and attached it all to a folded card.


As I was getting ready to photograph the card so I could add it here and thinking about friends at the same time, a chorus we sing at church came to mind called I Am A Friend Of God.  I'm thankful to have Him as my friend!!  To have that saving relationship with my Lord and Savior!!!!  


8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great card. Anyone would feel special receiving this card with that verse on it.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

The sheen on those flowers is awesome! Gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Lori said...

I love harlequin! This card is gorgeous Wanda!

Heather said...

just beautiful Wanda!!

Con said...

nice job! great flower and pretty coloring. thanks for posting it, -con

Jutta said...

Wow Wanda, those flowers really pop on this lovely spring card, nicely done!

Jenny Marples said...

Such a beautiful card Wanda. Love the shimmer on those flowers. Jenny x