Sunday, December 15, 2013

Journal Pages - 2nd Group

These are the pages I did for Nancy.  Her page size is 5" x 6.5".  She didn't choose a theme and said anything but cute. 

This first page was actually inspired by a started page I have in one of my journals.  I thought the colors and the fern leaf were so pretty I just had to somewhat duplicate it (some day I'll finish that page).  The fern leaf is stenciled on with Wendy's embossing paste mixed with paint.  The background has gesso and Dylusion sprays.  Put the fern stencil back on and sponged with ink to give more depth.  Stamped the words (an old PSX stamp), laid a punched heart over it and sponged some ink around it.  Black dots and squiggle lines done with a Pitt pen.  

I think (as in I don't remember for sure) for this background I stenciled translucent paste on the page and while it was still wet sprayed it with Dylusions.  Oh, I'm pretty sure that after I had the paste on I was wiping my fingers with an old kitchen towel and accidently dropped it on the page but when I picked it up the texture it made in the paste was awesome.  Let it dry.  Did some stamping with a script image and dried it.  Brushed on (more like dab so you don't move the color around too much) Golden's fluid matte medium and let it dry.  Rubbed on some Inka Gold.  The words are a Paperbag Studios image inked with Ranger's pigment inks and stamped on white cardstock.  The butterflies were in a book of images to cut out.  


I really thought this page turned out cool.  I must do something like it for myself.  I had the die cut that came out of the packaging for Tim's ornate frame and glued it on the page.  I then gessoed the whole page and while the gesso was still wet used a catalyst brush (#15, B-05) pulling it from the center outward to create textured lines in the gesso to represent sun rays.  Let the gesso dry.  Picked the colors of paint I wanted to use, added them quickly working from the center out and again used the same catalyst brush in the same way to make the colors streak into each other and let it dry.  Stamped the quote with Ranger's Archival Ink jet black, glued on the butterfly, "free to fly" is a rub on and doodled around the edge with a black pen.  


More playing on this page and I don't remember everything I did.  I know I was scrapping paint in the background.  I think I used some crackle (Paper Artsy crackle glaze) around the edges and white paint (Fresco Finish snowflake).  Stenciled Wendy's beautiful flower with Archival Ink.  There's stamping and stenciling with sequin waste.  Don't remember what I did on the tag!!  "Be Yourself" is a Quietfire Design stamp.  


I took a picture also on black since there was so much white around the page.  


1 comment:

Nan G said...

Looks like you've had lots of fun creating some cool pages. Happy Holidays to you and yours!