Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 1 - Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas


Today starts Tim Holtz's 5th year inspiring all of us with his 12 Tags of Christmas.  Above is a picture of his tag and all directions including a video can be found on his blog HERE.  (ps.. if you are seeing this post at a later date and the link doesn't work, look towards the bottom of the left sidebar of his blog for the links to all of his 12 Tags of Christmas)  I think this tag is gorgeous!!!!!

Below are pictures of my tag.

I don't yet have his pinecone die or the festive greenery die so I improvised.  I made my own pinecone by watching the video closely, taking a piece of kraft core cardstock and lightly sketching my own cutting lines on the back, cut it out and assembling as per the video.  I got a somewhat dilapidated but very usable pinecone, lol... and I only made one!!!  I do want to get this die especially after seeing that it can also be used to make wonderful flowers!!!  For the greenery I used plastic and velvet items that I had.  I did dab the plastic ones with snow cap dabber for the snowy look.

I don't have any fine silver glitter so I first painted the letters with silver paint dabber and then used a chunkier silver glitter on them.  Joy is a Sizzix die cut from grungeboard.

My white embossing came out much heavier than Tim's tag but I sanded a bit away and also sprayed my tag with Perfect Pearls.  I forgot to brush some of the embossing powder from around the edges and didn't like quite so much "white" so added blue dots with a Sharpie marker.




Post a Comment